Our Basic Beliefs
The inspiration of the Bible, both Old and New Testament; the creation of man by the direct act of God; that everyone is born a sinner; the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; His identification as the Son of God: His deity; vicarious atonement of the sins of mankind by the shedding of His blood on the cross; His bodily resurrection from the tomb; His power to save men from sin; the new birth through regeneration by the Holy Spirit; the gift of eternal life by the grace of God, received through faith in Christ; the rapture of the Church; the visible and personal return of Christ; the eternal doom of the lost, and the eternal blessedness of the redeemed.
What God Says in the Bible...
- We all need to be saved
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- We cannot save ourselves
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
- Christ died to save us
- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- Anyone may be saved now
- Christ said...Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20
- He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. I John 5:12